However, this year, the JEE Main April exam has been postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak. The revised exam schedule of the JEE April exam will be released by next month on the official website of the NTA. Meanwhile, the students should focus on the preparation of the JEE Main exam to get top ranking the exam. Here are some of the most important points that will help students crack the JEE Main exam and score good ranking:
1. Check Syllabus: NTA released syllabus for the JEE exam on its official website and most of the questions asked in the exam are based on the same. Hence, students are advised to check the latest and updated syllabus available on the official website of the exam.
2. Paper pattern and marking scheme: Now, this one is also important to know about the paper pattern of the entrance exam, type of questions, marking scheme, questions’ weightage etc.
3. Check your study material: The most suitable study material for JEE exam preparation is textbooks of class 11th and class 12th. Apart from that, including some previous years’ question papers, mock tests, etc. for practice.
4. Get your concepts right: Clear all your basic concepts first, otherwise, you will be stuck in questions for a long time wasting your time. If the concept is clear, you can attempt any complex question asked in the exam.
5. Enjoy your studies and preparation: You should enjoy the exam and its preparation positively. If you take the exam as a burden or obligation it will add unnecessary stress on you.
6. Self-analysis: To know your strengths and weaknesses, attempt mock tests from chapters you have studied. Analyse your performance in the mock test to find your areas of improvement. It will also help you improve your speed and accuracy for the upcoming JEE Main exam.
7. Take the online mock test: JEE exam will be held online in Computer-Based Test Mode (CBT mode). Students must take the online mock test to gain experience of attempting online paper on a real-time basis.